When Andre Oliveira answered the call to leave his Word of Faith Fellowship congregation in Brazil to move to the mother church in North Carolina at the age of 18, his passport and money were confiscated by church leaders — for safekeeping, he said he was told.
"I did not collude, nor know of anyone else in the campaign who colluded, with any foreign government," President Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner said in a statement ahead of a closed-door meeting Monday before the Senate Intelligence Committee. He is also expected to meet Tuesday with the House Intelligence Committee. Both committees are conducting investigations into possible links between Trump associates and Russian officials during the 2016 presidential campaign. In...
In January President Donald Trump issued an executive order that capped the number of refugees who could enter the United States at 50,000. That number more than halved the quota the previous administration had advised resettlement agencies to prepare for.
Like & Follow WUNC
- US-Russia probe: Trump son-in-law Kushner denies collusion
- Switzerland chainsaw attack: Police hunt Schaffhausen attacker
- Heinz in court over 'healthy' toddlers' snack Shredz
- Poland's President Duda vetoes judicial reforms after protests
- Pakistan blast: Car bomb kills 26 in Lahore
- China rising political star facing corruption probe